"No Music Found" Warning
Sleevenote cannot find any music.
- Check that you have music synced to the device. Sleevenote gets music from the device's Music data, which is populated either via iTunes on your computer, iTunes Match (Apple's cloud-based storage service for music) or by purchasing music directly from the iTunes App. Open the Apple "Music" App to check you have music on your device.
- Check the Settings, a Sleevenote setting designed to filter your library may be hiding tracks. Make sure iTunes Match is enabled if you use it. The Sleevenote Playlist setting will hide all your library if you don't have any music in a Playlist called "Sleevenote". By default Sleevenote hides albums without artwork so if your music needs cover artwork you will need to add it (learn more)
I know back artwork is available but I can't download
Sleevenote is able to match an album within a certain threshold but if it isn't showing up the easiest way to resolve this is to check that the info of your files closely matches the info on the iTunes store, and manually edit in your iTunes and sync
- eg: Your album is by"Alt-J" and on the iTunes store it is "Alt-J (∆)"
- eg: Your album is called "With Teeth [Bonus Tracks]" and on the iTunes store it is "With Teeth"
- eg: your version has songs in a different order
- eg: Your version has different song names
We are continuously improving album recognition to limit issues as much as possible.
My music doesn't have cover art, help!
Cover art is sourced by your synced iTunes, in iTunes you can request cover art or manually add it by option-clicking your music and selecting "Get Info". You will need to sync your device after doing this.
If you need artwork for something rare or obscure, often a simple Google image search, copy and paste can do the trick!
What do the icons mean?
These icons show options when an exact artwork match is not available.
How do I remove or report artwork?
Press and hold on back cover artwork to remove artwork, if you believe there is an error with the artwork please select "Remove and report artwork" so we can investigate. If new artwork is replaced it will download automatically
Can I search to see if artwork is available?
Yes, you can browse and search our database at search.sleevenote.info
Can I be notified when artwork for my music is available?
Yes, make sure you have notifications turned on and we will endeavour to send you a notification when artwork you have requested becomes available.
I really really want artwork for a particluar release
Firstly make sure you request artwork by hitting the icon and your request will be counted with other fans.
If you wish you can also message your favourite bands and labels and ask them to provide us with artwork, people listen to their fans!
If you have design skills or know anyone who does and can mock up artwork according to our Guidelines then send it in to us, be sure to adhere to the checklist or we won't be able to accept it.
If you are still experiencing issues please email us at
or send us a tweet @Sleevenote